Search this blog


Home Videos Contact
2008-05-03

In the Bag!  

Another project in the bag...well almost...and excuse the pun.

After a miscount due to me crocheting and watching a movie (which wasn't that good) I ended up with a granny triangle not a square, and decided I would make a bag out of it. I made two, lined them then attached a joining part which will hold the straps.

Still not sure whether I like it or not, and I'm realising that everything is beginning with the sunburst circle in the middle... well I like it, and really like the way the puff stitches turn out. The yarn is marble by James C brett, its amazing to work with and so soft, and while knitting up like aran, is quite chunky yet fine to touch.

Anyway, I still have to do the straps and think it'll make a nice wee summer long strapped purse/bag. Its a little like something that Woodstock forgot, but then I'm a hippy at heart :0)

The bag is lined with an old top which I was never going to wear again, and the sides are made from garden string, which was a little weird and tiresome to crochet but its sturdy and will hold the thing together. I'll loop the long parts at the side and stitch them together, then loop whatever strap I make through those loops.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ In the Bag!

  • Anonymous
    May 4, 2008 at 2:21 AM  

    That is really good. That looks like it would sell for big bucks in LA. Of course they are far from being hippies but since hippy is in they would KILL to get it.
    Bijan