Search this blog


Home Videos Contact
2008-04-30

Baby Bonnet  


I tried making a baby hat a few weeks ago, but I had either used the wrong size hook, or yarn, and well, it came out a bit more like a helmet to be honest. It was way to hard to put on a babys head, and just wasn't very comfortable looking at all.

However, this morning, I decided to have another go, and just really made it up as I went along. Starting with 4 chains, joined, chain 3, a row of 11 DC, then puff stitches (12), then DC again, and a row of SC to give it some strength (12). Then just went on with 3 rows of DC, an increase row, increasing every other stitch, (crocheting two DC), another of DC and then dropped a few hook sizes and then increased in every space, which also made a nice edging andgaveit that brim look.

I'm not exactly sure thats the 'proper' way to do it, but I felt like just trying out what I had learned. Its a tad messy and the tension leaves a lot to be desired, but I had fun improvising!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments: to “ Baby Bonnet